- Monday: Labor Day: Daddy was home so we took the day off too.
- Tuesday: Library Day! we read plenty of books and brought some home too! I love our library!
- Wednesday: seriously, there was something strange in the air that day. Alexis was plagued with the inability to focus or sit still, which made school work extremely difficult.
- Thursday: Doctors appointment. . . ALL DAY!!!! the day was almost completely wasted between the hour long commute there, the FIVE hours actually at the hospital, and the hour drive back home. Thank goodness we brought three sets of flash cards with us, they kept her occupied (somewhat) and will count as our school work for the day.
- Friday: Babysitting Day: I loved every second of it! Alexis had fun with friends, and I got to spend my morning with amazing kids and the afternoon with an amazing woman. Couldn't ask for a better day. Lessons of the day: patience, sharing, and helping others! That counts as a school day, right?
Next week we plan on applying a little more focus to our lesson plans. Wish us luck!
A few questions for all the homeschooling mommies out there: (just wondering what works for you)
- Do you plan your curriculum around doctors appointments, or specifically ask for appointment times that will not interfere with your lessons?
- Do library days count as a school day in your house? How often do you go to the library, and when you are there is it free learning time or structured to match you lessons for that week?
- How much emphasis do you put on "life lessons", and do you use those lessons as curriculum or just magnify them when the opportunity arises?